Description: Sodium Lactate is the sodium salt of Lactic Acid, a natural organic acid produced by the fermentation of carbohydrates. It is a clear, colorless, odorless liquid that is soluble in water and alcohol. Sodium Lactate is commonly used as a food preservative, a flavor enhancer, and as an ingredient in personal care products such as lotions, shampoos, and cosmetics. It is also used as a source of electrolytes in IV fluids in medical settings. In the food industry, Sodium Lactate is effective at inhibiting the growth of bacteria and mold, extending the shelf life of products. It is also used to enhance flavor, improve texture, and reduce sodium levels in some foods.
Lactic acid is a popular ingredient in cosmetics due to its exfoliating and skin-brightening properties. It is commonly used in various forms, including liquid, as both a standalone ingredient and as part of a larger formulation.
Some popular uses for lactic acid in cosmetics include:
Sodium lactate is a versatile ingredient used in cosmetics for various purposes. Some common uses of sodium lactate in cosmetics include:
1. Moisturizer: Sodium lactate acts as a humectant, helping to retain moisture in the skin. It attracts and binds water molecules, keeping the skin hydrated and preventing dryness.
2. pH Adjuster: Sodium lactate is used as a pH regulator in cosmetic formulations. It helps to stabilize and adjust the pH level, ensuring that the product is within the desired range for optimal performance.
3. Exfoliant: Sodium lactate has mild exfoliating properties. It helps in removing dead skin cells from the surface, promoting a smoother and brighter complexion. It is commonly used in facial cleansers, scrubs, and peels.
4. Preservative: Sodium lactate has antimicrobial properties that can help preserve cosmetic products and inhibit the growth of bacteria and fungi. It can be used as a natural alternative to synthetic preservatives.
5. Skin Conditioning Agent: Sodium lactate has skin conditioning properties, leaving the skin feeling soft and smooth. It can improve the texture and appearance of the skin, making it a commonly used ingredient in lotions, creams, and serums.
6. Hair Care: Sodium lactate can also be found in hair care products like shampoos and conditioners. It helps to condition and moisturize the hair, enhancing manageability and reducing frizz.
Overall, sodium lactate is a multifunctional ingredient in cosmetics, contributing to hydration, pH balance, exfoliation, preservation, and conditioning properties.
Sodium Lactate is generally considered safe for consumption and topical use in small amounts. However, there are some cautions to consider:
1. Allergic reactions: Some people may be allergic to Sodium Lactate. If you experience any signs of an allergic reaction, such as hives, itching, or difficulty breathing, stop using the product immediately and seek medical attention.
2. Skin irritation: Sodium Lactate can cause skin irritation if used excessively or in high concentrations. If you experience any redness or itching, discontinue use and consult with a dermatologist.
3. Avoid contact with eyes: When using Sodium Lactate in formulations, take extra care to avoid contact with the eyes, as it can cause irritation.
4. Not recommended for infants: Sodium Lactate is not recommended for use in infants under six months of age, as their skin is more sensitive and may be more easily irritated.
5. Interaction with medication: If you are taking any medication, consult with your doctor before using Sodium Lactate.
6. Use with caution during pregnancy: There is limited information about the safety of using Sodium Lactate during pregnancy, so it is recommended to use it with caution and under the guidance of a healthcare provider.
Always follow the recommended usage and dosage of Sodium Lactate to avoid any potential side effects or adverse reactions.
Caution: All of our products are for external use only.
Aromatics Canada Inc.
The information in this document is obtained from current and reliable sources but makes no representation as to its comprehensiveness or accuracy. Nothing contained herein should be considered as a recommendation or warranty by Aromatics Canada Inc. as to the fitness/suitability for any use. Aromatics Canada Inc. also makes no representation as to the reliability, accuracy, completeness, and probable results of all described products and information, materials, content, or links provided. The information may be modified or updated at any time with no notice provided.
The certifications, statements, and product descriptions shown on this website are strictly for information purposes only. Aromatics Canada Inc. shall not be responsible for any damages, injury, or losses resulting from use of or reliance upon this information. The user of the product is solely responsible for compliance with all applicable local, state, federal, or international laws and regulations related to the use of the product, including the intellectual property rights of third parties.
Customers may purchase products from Aromatics Canada Inc. only with the clear understanding that all products must be used at their own discretion and only after referring to the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS/SDS) and all other relevant technical information specific to the product. Aromatics Canada Inc. shall not be held responsible for any damages, losses, costs, or any adverse physical effects (including injury or bodily harm) arising out of, directly or indirectly, the use of Aromatics Canada Inc. products or services.
At buyer's request, Aromatics Canada Inc. may, at its own discretion, supply technical assistance and information with respect to products. Aromatics Canada Inc. makes no warranties of any kind or nature – expressed or implied – including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, with respect to technical assistance or information provided by Aromatics Canada Inc. or its personnel. Any suggestions by Aromatics Canada Inc. regarding use, selection, application, or suitability of the products shall not be construed as an express warranty, unless specifically designated as such in writing and signed by an officer or other authorized representative of Aromatics Canada Inc.
Further, Aromatics Canada Inc. is not responsible for the comments made in the customer reviews, nor for any consequence arising out of the use of products in ways not suitable to their purpose (for example, fragrance oils in toothpaste; bath salts in metal containers; additives used in larger amounts than recommended).
As with any manufacturing process, Aromatics Canada Inc. strongly recommends small lab scale testing for evaluation purposes, prior to full commercial manufacturing. As the ordinary or otherwise use(s) of this product is outside the control of Aromatics Canada Inc., no representation or warranty – expressed or implied – is made as to the effect(s) of such use(s) (including damage or injury) or the results obtained. By purchasing any product or making use of any service offered by this website, you agree that the full responsibility of testing all raw materials and products to ensure safety or regulatory standards are met prior to full-scale manufacturing or mass production lies with you. Under no circumstances shall Aromatics Canada Inc. be held responsible for damages or losses of any kind arising from the customer's failure to do lab scale testing prior to commercial manufacturing and/or failing to do independent analysis and testing of all materials purchased from Aromatics Canada Inc., including to determine suitability for use and ensure conformance to all regulatory requirements and statutes.
The liability of Aromatics Canada Inc. is limited to the value of the goods and does not include any consequential loss. Aromatics Canada Inc. shall not in any event be liable for incidental, consequential or special damages of any kind resulting from any use or failure of the products, even if Aromatics Canada Inc. has been advised of the possibility of such damage including, without limitation, liability for loss of use, loss of work in progress, down time, loss of revenue or profits, failure to realize savings, loss of products of buyer or other use or any liability of buyer to a third party on account of such loss, or for any labor or any other expense, damage or loss occasioned by such product including personal injury or property damage.
Please note, the International Federation of Aromatherapists do not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally, unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor, who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy. In addition, Essential Oils must be properly diluted before use, in order to avoid any damages to property or adverse physical effects (including injury or bodily harm).
By agreeing unconditionally to all of the terms, conditions, policies, and disclaimers at the Check Out process, the Customer agrees to indemnify Aromatics Canada Inc. from claims, losses, or damages of any kind related to the products purchased.
By Miansari66 (Own work) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons, https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Menthol_Crystals.JPG