Description: Salicylic acid is a type of beta hydroxy acid (BHA) that is commonly used in skincare products. It is known for its ability to exfoliate the skin and unclog pores by removing dead skin cells. Salicylic acid also has anti-inflammatory properties, making it effective in treating acne and reducing redness and inflammation associated with skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema. It can be found in various forms such as cleansers, toners, spot treatments, and moisturizers. However, it is important to use salicylic acid products as directed and in moderation, as excessive use can lead to dryness and irritation of the skin.
Some common uses of salicylic acid in cosmetics include:
1. Acne treatment: Salicylic acid helps to unclog pores and reduce inflammation, making it an effective treatment for acne and other skin blemishes.
2. Anti-aging: Salicylic acid helps to exfoliate dead skin cells, promoting cell turnover and stimulating collagen production, which can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
3. Skin brightening: Salicylic acid has been shown to help lighten hyperpigmentation and age spots, giving the skin a brighter, more even tone.
4. Treating dandruff: Salicylic acid can be used to treat dandruff and other scalp conditions by reducing inflammation and removing excess oil and dead skin cells.
– Salicylic acid is generally safe when used in the recommended doses. However, high concentrations or frequent use can cause skin irritation, redness, and peeling.
– Salicylic acid is not recommended for people with sensitive skin or those who are allergic to aspirin.
– If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, it is important to consult with a healthcare professional before using salicylic acid. It is not known if this ingredient can harm a developing fetus or pass into breast milk.
– Salicylic acid should not be used on open wounds, irritated or broken skin, or areas that have been recently waxed or shaved.
– Salicylic acid can increase skin sensitivity to the sun, so it is important to apply sunscreen when using it.
– Salicylic acid can interact with certain medications, such as blood thinners, and should not be used without first consulting with a healthcare professional.
Caution: All of our products are for external use only.
Aromatics Canada Inc.
The information in this document is obtained from current and reliable sources but makes no representation as to its comprehensiveness or accuracy. Nothing contained herein should be considered as a recommendation or warranty by Aromatics Canada Inc. as to the fitness/suitability for any use. Aromatics Canada Inc. also makes no representation as to the reliability, accuracy, completeness, and probable results of all described products and information, materials, content, or links provided. The information may be modified or updated at any time with no notice provided.
The certifications, statements, and product descriptions shown on this website are strictly for information purposes only. Aromatics Canada Inc. shall not be responsible for any damages, injury, or losses resulting from use of or reliance upon this information. The user of the product is solely responsible for compliance with all applicable local, state, federal, or international laws and regulations related to the use of the product, including the intellectual property rights of third parties.
Customers may purchase products from Aromatics Canada Inc. only with the clear understanding that all products must be used at their own discretion and only after referring to the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS/SDS) and all other relevant technical information specific to the product. Aromatics Canada Inc. shall not be held responsible for any damages, losses, costs, or any adverse physical effects (including injury or bodily harm) arising out of, directly or indirectly, the use of Aromatics Canada Inc. products or services.
At buyer's request, Aromatics Canada Inc. may, at its own discretion, supply technical assistance and information with respect to products. Aromatics Canada Inc. makes no warranties of any kind or nature – expressed or implied – including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, with respect to technical assistance or information provided by Aromatics Canada Inc. or its personnel. Any suggestions by Aromatics Canada Inc. regarding use, selection, application, or suitability of the products shall not be construed as an express warranty, unless specifically designated as such in writing and signed by an officer or other authorized representative of Aromatics Canada Inc.
Further, Aromatics Canada Inc. is not responsible for the comments made in the customer reviews, nor for any consequence arising out of the use of products in ways not suitable to their purpose (for example, fragrance oils in toothpaste; bath salts in metal containers; additives used in larger amounts than recommended).
As with any manufacturing process, Aromatics Canada Inc. strongly recommends small lab scale testing for evaluation purposes, prior to full commercial manufacturing. As the ordinary or otherwise use(s) of this product is outside the control of Aromatics Canada Inc., no representation or warranty – expressed or implied – is made as to the effect(s) of such use(s) (including damage or injury) or the results obtained. By purchasing any product or making use of any service offered by this website, you agree that the full responsibility of testing all raw materials and products to ensure safety or regulatory standards are met prior to full-scale manufacturing or mass production lies with you. Under no circumstances shall Aromatics Canada Inc. be held responsible for damages or losses of any kind arising from the customer's failure to do lab scale testing prior to commercial manufacturing and/or failing to do independent analysis and testing of all materials purchased from Aromatics Canada Inc., including to determine suitability for use and ensure conformance to all regulatory requirements and statutes.
The liability of Aromatics Canada Inc. is limited to the value of the goods and does not include any consequential loss. Aromatics Canada Inc. shall not in any event be liable for incidental, consequential or special damages of any kind resulting from any use or failure of the products, even if Aromatics Canada Inc. has been advised of the possibility of such damage including, without limitation, liability for loss of use, loss of work in progress, down time, loss of revenue or profits, failure to realize savings, loss of products of buyer or other use or any liability of buyer to a third party on account of such loss, or for any labor or any other expense, damage or loss occasioned by such product including personal injury or property damage.
Please note, the International Federation of Aromatherapists do not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally, unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor, who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy. In addition, Essential Oils must be properly diluted before use, in order to avoid any damages to property or adverse physical effects (including injury or bodily harm).
By agreeing unconditionally to all of the terms, conditions, policies, and disclaimers at the Check Out process, the Customer agrees to indemnify Aromatics Canada Inc. from claims, losses, or damages of any kind related to the products purchased.
By Miansari66 (Own work) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons, https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Menthol_Crystals.JPG